Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Didn't Know I Could Get Lower Than This

The music pounded in the studio. Bruno Mar's Grenade shaking the walls. I did a quick priouette being carefull not to land on my bad leg. I looked outside the sun hasn't even risen yet. It was 3 clock in the morning. I snuck into the dance studio on our part of town to relieve some stress. I took a sip of water and sat down tugging at my snug maternity sweat pants. I took Leah's car because if I took mine the engine would make too much noise and wake everyone up. I rehearsed more. Than the kareoke version of Taking Chances came on. Without a second thought I started singing. I haven't sang in a while. And it felt good. I took a glance at the clock. 8 clock. I wiped sweat off my forehead and started limping towards the car. Soda called. I checked the voicemail that he left.
Soda: Sandy I don't want to be involved with this. I know I'm the father but I just can't deal with this. I hope we never see eachother for a long time.
Tears spilled down my cheeks knowing I was alone. Rain started pouring down. I started up the ancient Beemer. I cried as I drove. Then the car broke down in the middle of the highway. During rush hour. FUCK! I cried as I tried to start it. It wouldn't go. Before I knew it a car came in my direction.
I woke up in a room. The walls mint green. I immediately recognised the room. Leah sat on the edge of the bed crying into the blanket. Mark was working. On me. Tears spilling down his cheeks. Justin was in a chair next to the bed sobbing. What happened? They noticed I woke up. Leah hugged me. Justin kissed me. Mark smiled.
Mark: I didn't think you would wake up for at least a couple hours.
Me: What happened?
Mark: You were in a car accident. You broke your leg. But the baby is fine. You got 32 stitches in your forehead. You won't be allowed out of the house until your completly healed. And you had brain swelling. You put everyone through hell. Do you think I like getting a call saying come to work you have to work on a patient. And oh yeah it's your baby sister!
Me: Mark can I have some medication?
I didn't know what was going through me. I felt sick. I threw up in the garbage.
Leah: Mark why did she just puke?
Mark: Reaction to medication. Sandy I want you to stay over night. But since I'm a doctor you're coming home today.
I sighed in relief. I felt a sharp pain hit my skull. I groaned. A nurse came in.
Nurse: Sandy there are a couple of people to see you.
Kitty came in her face cold her hands jammed in her jean pockets. The last person I would want to see is a Curtis. I pretended to sleep and eventually fell asleep.
I wheeled myself in to my room. I called Justin to tell him I was okay. By now I couldn't deal with anymore bullshit. I later then fell asleep hoping this nightmare could already end.
:/ Sandy

8 comments:

Kitty Curtis said...

I understand the not wanting to see a Curtis part but dammit girl, you gotta take more care of yourself. That's my niece or nephew you're carrying there.

Sandy said...

yeah yeah I know I already got lectured by Mark AND Leah

Angela Shepard said...

Seat belts are for safety. :D

Sandy said...

I did wear a seatbelt my sister's piece of crap for a car didn't start in the middle of the highway

Sodapop Curtis said...

you're not helping kitty -.-

Sandy said...

:/

Marcia said...

Wait when did Soda get your pregnant ? I thought he slept with you just the other night ??? So hes been with you more than once since hes been married ??? I hope you are doing okay... You and the baby !

Sandy said...

no not the other night last month