Monday, February 7, 2011

Not So Sweet Dreams

I went to the kitchen started feeding Danielle. Evie came in tired and confused. The phone rang.
Evie: You get it
Me: Hello?
Bob: WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!
I recognised the tone in his voice his speech slurred. By his first word spoken I knew he was drunk already at 9:00 in the morning
Bob: You think that you could go to Florida with my daughter?
Me: BOB WHAT THE FUCK?!?! You're the one who said I want nothing to do with that mistake. Then you went off fucking another girl. Probably getting her knocked up too.
Bob: Ughhh.... Just meet me in the park with her.
Me: Uhm no I don't want you to see her. I don't want you to be involved in her life.
The line went dead.
I cried in my hands. Why does my life suck?
Evie: There is a party at the Winston's later if you want to go.
Me: Okay. I guess you're not going.
She shook her head.
By the time I actually moved myself it was 5 only half an hour to get ready. I put on a pair of shorts and a pink tank top.
Evie: You're under dressed. It's pretty fancy.
Then I changed into a silver sequin dress.
I drove to the Winston's not forgetting where it was. The crazy late night parties. Making out with Sodapop. I winced at the thought. When I walked in What's My Name was playing. As I made my way to get a drink. I saw people looking at me. Probably saying "Is that the girl that got knocked up by that Soc?" I noticed Blair there Two-Bit's sister. Then she turned around and she was pregnant! Then kissed Dally. Ugh I needed another drink. I thought Blair the party girl? Man this town changed. Then a girl made her way to me. I noticed her smug smile. Sylvia.
Sylvia: Hey I scored some pills want some?
I reluctantly took a hand full. Then downed my 5th or 6th shot? Oh god was it? No it couldn't be. But it was. Sodapop was sitting there not touching a drop of liquor. I wanted to go over and talk. A girl a blonde. Sat in his lap. I recognised her. When I went to DX that was the girl Sodapop is married to. Katie? What's her face? Old feelings welled my system. Sodapop made his way over.
Sodapop: Staying for good?
Me: Um ya i guess.
Tears welled up in my eyes. Oh god was I wasted already?
Sodapop: You look good. Uhm how's Danielle?
You could tell he was as uncomfortable as me. I twirled a loose piece of blonde hair from my messy bun.
Me: Good.
Sodapop: See you around.
He moved on I remembered the night. We were in his room. Just two hours before Bob and I slept together. Soda kissed me passionately. He hesitantly unbuttoned my top. His eyes wide open staring at my chest. If he didn't take it seriously he would have made a boobalicious remark like he always did because I was known for having an unbelievably large chest.
Soda: You want to?
Me: Yes.
I was scared because I knew Bob didn't use protection.
I went home because the party was over and it was only 9 I usually stay up til 5 or 6 in the morning.
Evie: Party over already?
She was cradling Danielle in her arms. Her my blue topaz eyes wide open. Her little smile smiling at me.
Me: Ya.
She could tell I was crying. So she let me be. I took off my short dress. And changed into old cheerleading sweats and a tattered old tanktop. I laid awake. And eventually cried myself to sleep. Now that day sucked.
Sandy :(

No comments: