Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ohh Boy Just My Luck

I opened my eyes. I opened my phone. It was only 8:30 and I had missed calls already. It was from the dance studio I got offered a job at. I dialed the number.
Nicolette: Tulsa School of Dance?
Me: Hi this is Sandy Davis may I speak with Nicolette.
Nicolette: Speaking.
Me: Hi uhm you called me? So I will like to take the position as a ballet teacher.
Nicolette: Very well you shall begin today at 11.
Me: Thank you so much! Uhm how much does it pay?
Nicolette: 50 dollars an hour for 6 hours working. And you teach 3 different classes with 2 instructors.
Me: Okay thank you bye.
I hung up then that feeling bubbled in my stomache. This baby knows time managment. I have morning sickness presicley at 8:40 every morning. I wiped my mouth and brushed my teeth. I went to Danielle's room and she was still sleeping. I'll wait til she starts crying. I looked in my jacket pocket and I still had Mark's credit card in my pocket. ;) I started making chocolate chip pancakes. I ate 3 with a glass of chocolate milk. I got changed into a navy blue dress with a matching navy blue and white stripped shall with matching flats. I grabbed my sailor pea coat and only 2 of the 6 buttons buttoned. And they were tight. I left a note saying that I had to buy ballet clothes. I'll be back soon. I rushed to my car feeling the frigid air biting at my cheeks. I'm afraid to say that now I'm a size 4. I had to buy a tutu. It's ballet after all. I bought my dance clothes. I bought another pair of pointe shoes. I bought everything I needed then headed back to my car. I rushed into the house changing into my dance clothes. I put my hair into my messy ballerina bun. I was out the door in less than 5 minutes. I knew exactally where the dance studio is. I walked in. They pointed me towards the studio. I saw a familliar face. Soda's wife Katie. I immediately turned around pretending to tie my pointe shoes. I felt embarrassed. Kids poured into the room. It was the first day of a new semester.
Me: Hi everyone I'm.... Sandy! Let's go around the room saying our names how old we are and an interesting thing about ourselves how about you first?
I pointed to Katie and immediatley noticed the hatred in her eyes.
Katie: Hi I'm Katie I'm 19 almost 20 years old. The interesting thing about me is.... I'm excpecting a baby.
They went around the room until they got to me.
Me: Hi I'm Sandy! I just turned 18 years old last month. The interesting thing about me is that in highschool I was the cheerleading captain. I won all the national titles. And I was the dance team captain I also brought the team to victory. I did ballet.
Everyone ooed and ahhed. I was tempted to say that. Hey I'm knocked up with her husband's kid too! I demonstrated pillets and leaps. I held their legs and made sure their toes were pointed. After I was done I ran out. I know I'm a better dancer than Katie. She's good but not that good. I felt sick. I laid on my bed. Good thing Mark paid for every thing. I felt sore from ballet. But I didn't do anything too hard. Maybe it's the baby.
Me: LEAH GO GIVE ME A FOOT MASSAGE! AND BRING DANIELLE AND GET ME SOME FOOD!
Leah: Damn you're needy.
She came in holding everything I asked for. She handed me Danielle and she played with my hair. She rubbed my sensitive pregnant feet. I started eating my food and fed some to Danielle.
Me: Danielle, do you want to play patty-cake with mommy?
Danielle: Yes
God she's adorable. We played then Leah came and tickled her.
Me: Hey Leah I didn't say you could take a break. Keep rubbing.
Leah: God I need a life. Any single guys in the gang?
Me: Yeah go find a guy let him break your heart. Go get beyond wasted. Then go sleep with your ex. Then get knocked up.
Leah was silent. She knows I'm miserable. She hugged me.
Leah: Mark's getting icecream.
I threw a pillow at her. I legit wasn't in the mood for anything. I held my expanding stomache. God I'm a fat cow. Mark came in and got my favorite mint chocolate chip. He got Leah peanut butter swirl. He got Danielle strawberry. We ate our icecreams. We laughed and talked about childhood moments. I started crying when Mark brought up when mom and dad kicked me out of the house. I cried harder when Soda called. I pressed ignore.
Mark: How about we leave Sandy alone? She's allowed to be hormonal. She had a tough day.
I love Mark. He loves Danielle and unborn baby no name. I remember when I told Mark I was pregnant.
I ran out from cheerleading practice. Clutching my binder to my chest. Mark was scared. I told him I was pregnant. I cried and he held me like he did when I was little and scraped my knees. When I was 9 months pregnant Mark visited me. He told me he loves me and the baby. He hugged me and put his hand on my fat belly. Grandma took a picture for a scrapbook.
I laid awake looking at the baby name book. Eventually I fell asleep. Maybe I'm feeling a little better. But I'm still fat. Nothing can change that until I have the baby.
XOXO  Sandy



Me and Mark in Florida. Grandma's scrapbook pic. And while I'm at it that is a sexy pregnant belly :P
Hey single guys! Leah is on the market. She's 19 years old and loves to have a good time ;)


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Really? Can I meet Leah?

Sandy said...

Haha if you want to

Unknown said...

Is she nice?

Kitty Curtis said...

I want to say something but I don't know what so just bear with me. :D

Sandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy said...

ya but she is a huge pain in the ass and wow Kitty :P

Unknown said...

Yeah you seem nicer.

Sandy said...

haha thanks?

Anonymous said...

I wanna meet her